Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Internship #1

1. When did you wake up?
I woke up early in the morning at 6:56.

2. What did you have for breakfast?
I ate a bowl of cheerios cereal.

3. How did you get to internship? How long did it take? How did it go?
My mom drove me to my site in down town. The drive from my house to my internship site was 30 minutes. It went well, surprisingly, I learned many things about the different stations in the NBC news station. I had many questions for the video editor, and the director of the control room.

4. What did you do when you first arrived at internship? Who did you see? Who did you talk to?
I saw my fellow internees in the lobby of the NBC building. My mentor introduced us to her co-workers around the office. They gave us a tour of all of the rooms inside. From the News studio to the command station.

5. Where do you work (in the company, in the building, etc.)? What is your area like?
They didn’t specify what my job was. The first day was sort of like an orientation for all the interns. We will get a chance to familiarize ourselves with the news software.

6. What did you do for lunch?
Right across the street there is a mall called “Horton Plaza”. I ate a caprici salad with a bottle of water at the food court area.

7. What did you do during the afternoon?
We continued working with our mentors on revising a runoff script. We used a software called I-News, which had all of the top stories.

8. What type of work do you see yourself doing in the next few days?
I'm probably going spend my time on editing or working with the teleprompter. I can also see myself in the next few days working on additional work from the mentors.

9. What do you feel prepared to do? What do you think you'll do well?
I feel prepared to focus on my work at the NBC building. I am ready to operate a teleprompter or act like a coordinator.

10. What are you going to need to learn to succeed at your internship?
I'm going to have to familiarize myself with the NBC software. NBC computers run programs like I-news, outlook program, and final cut.

11. What makes you excited about working there?
What really stirs up the excitement for me is when they prepare the NBC studio and provide viewers with the weather and ground-breaking news.

12. What makes you nervous about working there?
Whats really nerve racking for me is not knowing how well my fellow internees work. What I mean is have they failed to do the task at hand when working on past school projects. Are they ready to put their foot down and handle the pressure.

13. When did you get home? What was your afternoon/evening commute like?
Unfortunately, I didn't get home until 7:30. My mom who works on the 9th floor of the NBC building, was at a trial.

1 comment:

  1. sounds exciting osamah. Good Luck!

    -Jack From advisory

    ReplyDelete