Thursday, June 17, 2010

semester reflection part 1

What have you learned about the way you learn, work, and/or collaborate?

That I acquire my knowledge from in class lectures and from the books I read in class. I have learned that I am a visual learner. Once I see it I believe it. I work more diligently and I consider other ideas from fellow classmates. I tend to collaborate with friends in class. I also learn more from reading and annotating literary packets.

What project was most valuable to you, and what have you gained from it?

The slaughterhouse five project motivated me to create a mobile. I learned to manage my time more wisely. I completed my mobile two days ahead of the due date; just so that I could have time to work on something else like TPOLs. I also learned a valuable lesson and that is to anticipate any problems. I should always have a backup plan to solve the problem. I was going to create a diorama but I thought it would be difficult and time consuming. So I thought of something that was less confusing.

how they contrast with a less challenging experience.

Describe one valuable mistake you made this year.

The day when we first worked on the slaughterhouse five project. I should of been more productive. Instead of wasting valuable time working on my digital portfolio, I should of worked on my artist statement for my slaughterhouse five product. That time should of been used for writing my artist statement.

What is your greatest strength as a student in a project-based learning environment?

My greatest strength is my writing and critiquing. Over the duration of the school year, I have become a better critic and writer as well. Its because of all of the critiques we had to do in class. Also the teacher showed us examples of good critiques. I developed as a better writer by using the literary devises and the loop.

What challenges do you face as a student in a project-based learning environment?

By being the leader. I fail to take on a leadership role. This is a struggle of mine. I have always found that to be a challenge that I have yet to overcome. Its hard to keep a sharp eye on everyone and make sure they're doing their part.

No comments:

Post a Comment