Sunday, June 13, 2010

Literary Reflection

If you could bring one character from any one book that we have read this year with you when you go to college, who would bring? Why?

I would have to say Jay Gatsby. Gatsby seems to be in search of a peaceful life. Some places were he is free. Some places were he doesn’t have to deal with the disloyalty and betrayal. He’s probably tired of dealing with Tom's bullshit. I would help get him away from myrtle’s husband. I would help him resolve his issue with trying to win Daisy’s heart. I'd probably convince him to start a new relationship with a college girl. As charming as he is, he should have no trouble finding someone else. After all there are plenty of attractive college women. He would probably get me into a prestigious college with his network of connections. I would probably make him my roommate or college professor. I can kind of relate to him. I’m sure we all had dealt with the same things he went through.

No comments:

Post a Comment